Monday 3 March 2008

How far can we push it?

Ok. Now we know...

Stephane Dion & Co. are finding out the hard way how much crap Harper is willing to put up with. My guess is, the over-zealous Liberals will be much more careful about what they say outside of the libel-protected walls of the House of Commons.

Interestingly, the Liberal mastermind himself Warren Kinsella thinks that Harper is standing on solid ground ...

in fact - I'd hazard a guess that this isn't the action of someone who fears a full airing of the facts.
***
I forgot to add ... Warren has this interesting tid-bit on his blog as well:
Rick Dearden at Gowlings is acting for the Prime Minister. I articled under Rick when the firm was doing a lot of work for virtually every major media organization in the country. In the past twenty years or so, I can't recall a single libel case he has lost. FYI.
That would be pretty embarrassing -- for the lead of the opposition to be forced to compensate the PM. Ouch.

Jim wants to get in on the action too, apparently ...

3 comments:

PITT said...

I think it would be fun to be sued by Harper....I mean how many people can say they were sued by the leader of a country ?? Yes, I am more crazy then you can imagine.

cherenkov said...

Something to tell the grand kids about, I suppose.

PITT said...

It's alot cooler than being sued by some nobody communications women ( at least I think she's a women) in the PC Party anyway.

 
/* Google Tracker Code