Thursday 17 July 2008

Lazy days of summer

Sorry for my lack of activity. Actually, not really that sorry. Just explaining. Other things have taken priority including family stuff, landscaping my yard, golf, base ball, and just generally taking advantage of this blip in time known as our summer. I am sure other members of the local alternative media will keep you informed and entertained while I piss around over here, including the always insightful Policy Frog, newbie Don Street, and all the others.

I do still have half an eye open on the local goings-on, and I have to say there have been some tremendous developments:

I'm so happy that city hall has approved giving $7m of rapid transit community centre Kildonan Park money to fund a water park. This is good news, because if a private developer hasn't built a kick-ass water park in Winnipeg yet it obviously is never going to happen, right? And we need a kick-ass water park in order to be a world-class city, and everybody wants Winnipeg to be a world class city, right? Ergo, we must divert public money to a water park. Simple logic 101!

More good news ... a record was broken in Winnipeg! Oops sorry .. wrong link there. My mistake.

Catch you on the flip side of the weekend.



If I had a million dollars, I'd buy a lot of coke. Heh.

No comments:

 
/* Google Tracker Code