Sunday 7 June 2009

WikiProject: Manitoba Music update

Yoyoyo. Wasssup.

Some of you may recall that I planned to update the lame Music of Manitoba Wikipedia page. Let's just say this hasn't been my top priority. However, after giving myself a quick primer on wiki editing, I have made a few updates, but only in the rock/pop genres. I have a lot more to do with folk, country, traditional, blues, jazz, etc.. along with working in references to some of the venues and festivals.

Anyhoo .. check it out and, as always, your suggestions are welcome. Or, feel free to update it your self like The Great Wiki, God of Information, intended.

The old page looked like this (click to enlarge):


For your watching and listening enjoyment:

4 comments:

The Traveler said...

Just two I thought of The Wyrd Sisters hope I got that right and Ray St Germain who played with Andy , Also Streetheart and Harliquin who just released a new album . If I come up with more I will let you know .

cherenkov said...

Thanks, OC. Ray will go under the country/folk section thatI have yet to update. I have heard of the Wyrd Sisters but not really familiar with them, so I'll have to check them out...

Unapologetic Ex-Winnipegger said...

Speaking of country, who can forget Stan Kubicek's "Living on Tulsa Time", that CKRC staple from days gone by...

cherenkov said...

Apparently I can forget it. Seriously? Maybe it's on youtube...

Stan The Man gave me a quote on a new window the other day...

 
/* Google Tracker Code