Thursday 2 September 2010

Funny story about The Bay

Sometimes when you tear a place apart to renovate, things that you thought you had lost turn up unexpectedly. Well ... The Bay store in downtown Winnipeg is undergoing much needed renovations, and in the process they discovered a box containing a wedding gift. For my wedding. Three years ago.

All this time we thought this other couple stiffed us on our wedding gift, and all this time they thought we were ungrateful ass-hats for not sending a thank you card. Three years of nasty looks, broken windows, slashed tires and torched sheds -- all completely unnecessary. Just this week I was going to strangle their dog and mail it back to them in a box, before getting the call from The Bay asking us to come pick up our gift. Oops.

Now our next meeting with this couple is going to be really awkward. Oh hey, um ... sorry about the terrorist threats that I sent to the CIA from your address two weeks before your trip to Florida. Ya ... probably shouldn't have done that. So ah ... water under the bridge, eh? Heh.

...

I am very much looking forward to the completed renos but I hope they make-over their stock in the process. They can spiffy up the place all they want, but if they don't sell pants that fit me I still won't shop there. Seriously, I can't be the only person who's waist isn't bigger than their inseam.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I'm a producer at CBC Radio and would be interested in talking to you more about this missing gift...You can email me at janice.moeller@cbc.ca

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great story! And all the time those death threats should have been directed at the HBC! Who knew?

Emma said...

I am so not surprised!! I have been waiting for a registry gift from the Polo Park store for more than a year. But at least I know it's forthcoming! Did you wind up on the Ceeb?

cherenkov said...

Uh oh, you could be in for a long wait .. I don't think they're due to reno the Polo Park store for many years.

No .. didn't go on CBC. My wife is the one with all the details, and she's too shy.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!

I also can never find clothes I like in my size there. I always figured that they sell out before I get there.

cherenkov said...

That could be. In my case I'm 6'1" with a slimmer build. Lots of other places sell clothes that fit me, but it would be nice if the Bay came on board. Maybe a Zara will come to town ...

 
/* Google Tracker Code